SkillsUSA: Champions At Work
To contact us:
The OTIESA organization generally has from 90-100 school administrators that attend their fall (November) and spring (March) conferences. The organization consists of supervisors, principals, directors, and coordinators who administer and support career-technical education within the State of Ohio. In learning more about OTIESA, the following information may be helpful.
OTIESA - Purposes
· To develop high professional standards for its members.
· To unite in a common bond all persons involved in supervision, administration, and coordination of Trade and Industrial Education in Ohio.
· To serve as a communication system between members, legislative groups, business and industry, the Ohio Department of Education Office of Career Technical Education, or other groups concerning Trade and Industrial Education.
· To provide professional development for those involved in Trade and Industrial Education.
· To actively participate in matters of mutual concern with legislative bodies, the State Board of Education, the State Advisory Committee, and others functioning for the welfare and interests of pupils and employees concerned with the Trade and Industrial Education Programs.
OTIESA - Membership
Active membership is available to all individuals who hold valid certification or license and function as a Director, Supervisor, or Coordinator of Trade and Industrial Education Programs. Associate membership shall be open to those persons who will support the goals and objectives of this association, and Career Technical Education in Ohio.
OTIESA - Executive Council
Past President: Tim Updike, Buckeye Hills CC
President: Russel Croswaite, Great Oaks CDC
President-Elect: Elissa Heal, Sentinel CC
Secretary: Sue Kilbarger, Eastland CC
Treasurer: Carol Healy, Akron City Schools
Northeast: Ted Slankard, Maplewood CC
North Central: Jerry Pavlik, Lorain County JVS
Northwest: Elissa Heal, Sentinel CC
Southeast: Laura Bowers, C-TEC
South Central: Mike Miller, Delaware CC
Southwest: Mike Sparks Greene County CC
Corrections: Brian Lee
Legislative: Bryan Jackson, Miami Valley CTC
ODE Asst. Director, I&E, Linda O’Connor
SkillsUSA Ohio: Mike Cowles
Ohio Trade and Industrial Education Supervisors Association
OTIESA Fall Conference
This paid provided to OTIESA by SkillsUSA Ohio